Phantom Milestone Update: May and June
Dear Phantom Community,
As we enter the month of July, the Phantom protocol has made tremendous progress in its development, ecosystem expansion, and community. Since the Phantom community kickstarted this April, a lot has happened over the past 3 months.
In this article, we will look back at what Phantom has done in the 3 months passed and update you all with our plans for the coming future.
In the following sections, we will recap Phantom’s achievements in 3 different areas: product development milestones, Community and events, and Ecosystem developments.
I. Phantom Product Milestones
In the past 3 months, Phantom has finished a series of milestones that have brought the development progress ahead of our roadmap schedule. Throughout this period, the team has achieved the launch of the Phantom testnet with full synthetic asset functions, finished the development for the Mainnet, as well as completed the development for the Phantom NFT issuance platform with its Mystery-box functions, details are as follows:
In May, the Phantom team built the foundation for a series of
- Smart contract function on Conflux chain development completed;
- Platform farming contract on Conflux chain development completed;
- Phantom Testnet successfully launched: https://phantomdefi.medium.com/phantom-testnet-is-live-participate-and-win-50000-phm-tokens-2ff86662bc79
- Phantom farming contract on Ethereum completed;
Entering June, the Phantom team further expanded the functionality of the core components in its synthetic asset functions, developments include:
- Completing Phantom P-asset cross-chain function between Conflux and Ethereum;
- Completing Phantom’s NFT Mystery-box development on both Conflux and BSC;
- Finalizing development of the Mainnet.
As such, in the past three months. the team has completed the development of the majority of the Phantom Protocol, and now we are in full preparation for the Mainnet launch come July and August.
II. Phantom Community Development Milestones
In the past three months, the Phantom Protocol also saw explosive growth in its community. Starting from 0, the Phantom community now has over 3,260 Twitter followers, over 5.600 fans in the official Telegram group, and nearly 700 followers to its Medium account. With several key milestones achieved, the Phantom community had also held various events for its fans:
- $20,000 Phantom pTesla Airdrop giveaway event: from 4/29 to 5/6, Phantom held an airdrop event to fans handing out $20,000 worth of its pTesla tokens and CFX tokens. The event received great fanfare and we received over 3,000 participants from all over the world;
- $50,000 Rewards for the Phantom Testnet Reward and bug bounty campaign: from 5/21 to 5/30, Phantom launched the reward campaign for the launching of its testnet. Throughout this 10 day period, over 4,800 users participated in the event, trying out multiple features of the Phantom Protocol as well as submitting bug reports to make the platform better. To learn more about the event results, please click here;
- Over 200+ Submissions to the Phantom Meme Contest: on June 16th, the Phantom community launched its first MEMEs contest. Over the course of 7 days, the community submitted over 200+ memes to the contest, the enthusiasm and the creativity from the community was deeply felt, please click here to see the great MEME works of the Phantom community;
III. Notable partnerships and notable news
- Phantom joining OpenDeFi: on April 29th, OpenDeFi welcomed Phantom as its new joining member. OpenDeFi is a global DeFi alliance that includes notable institutions and projects such as dYdX, AAVE, Synthetix, and Conflux. By being a part of this global family. Phantom further explores its collaboration with the latest project around the globe. For more details, click here to read more:
- Phantom Seed Round Financing Completed: on April 27th, Phantom announced the completion of its seed round funding. Investors for this round include LD Capital, NGC Ventures, Gate Labs, and Kyros Ventures. For more details you can find out here;
- E-sports Gaming partnership：on June 4th, Phantom announced a partnership with one of China’s most influential E-sports influencer 09, going forward the two parties will explore collaborations in the areas of E-sports NFTs and Communities, click here to find out more.
IV. Notable contents to help you understand Phantom better
Apart from progress in product, community, and partnerships, the Phantom team had also produced several thought pieces about DeFi, NFT, and the Phantom ecosystem, for more details, feel free to take a look at the links below to help you understand DeFi, NFT, and Phantom better:
- How do participants benefit from the Phantom ecosystem? : what exactly does the Phantom ecosystem include and how you can benefit from it;
- Introducing Phantom: The ultimate cross-chain protocol for Synthetic Asset issuance & exchange: the go-to article to learn everything about Phantom;
- What Makes a DeFi Protocol Trustworthy?: DeFi is great, but it needs to be safe to remain great, find out why here;
- How Does an Ordinary User Invest in NFT?: NFT is hot, but how can ordinary people like you and me benefit from it? Find out here;
- How to Buy a Tesla for $1?: yep, $1 for a Tesla;
- Why NFT needs DeFi?: How to combine the best of both worlds and make something even more exciting.
Looking back, we had made a great deal of progress in the past three months. Going forward, Phantom will continue to produce more exciting news and developments, please follow our Twitter and telegram group to get the latest updates first hand!